I was trying to get assistance on how to travel with a wedding gown as my carry on. (my daughter is getting married in the Philippines). I spoke with two "so called" service supervisors and these are their responses:
- I can hand my carry on gown to one of the crew members and she can store it in a closet but this closet is not always available.
- I can store the precious gown under my seat.(so i can rest my feet or even kick it around a few times during the flight)
- I can store this oversize garment on the overhead compartment( it will be a big ball of mess by the time we get to our destination, just imagine people constantly shoving their bags in and out).
- I can pay for an extra seat for this gown.(they're not kidding!!)
- I can checked it in.( I'm afraid it might get lost and then what??)